The NERAIL New England Railroad Photo Archive
 
 
Photo of Center Barnstead Engine House at Pittsfield
Center Barnstead Engine House at Pittsfield

The story of the Center Barnstead engine house is a colorful one. After a devasting fire destroyed the original CB engine house in 1937, this replacement engine house was erected at CB. When the Suncook Valley officially abandoned the SV Extension between Pittsfield and CB in 1947, this engine house was moved down the tracks 5 miles from CB to Pittsfield, the "new" end of the line. As a fitting tribute to the railroad that once served this river valley, the engine house has a new life today as a childcare center known as the "Blueberry Express."

Photographed by Nate Coggeshall-Beyea, March, 1998.
Added to the photo archive by Nate Coggeshall-Beyea, April 13, 2003.
Railroad: Suncook Valley.

» Contact the person who posted this photograph.

Sharing this photo?

Use this "permalink" to avoid broken links:

http://photos.nerail.org/s/?p=13436
 
Submit to Stumble Submit to Digg Submit to Del.icio.us Google Bookmark Submit to Reddit Twit This

[Turn Ads Off]

Visitor Comments about this Photo:

No comments have been left yet.


You must be logged on to post comments.

 
Follow us on Facebook
News | About NERAIL | About Jeff | Contact Jeff | F.A.Q.'s | Privacy Policy | Other Great Sites
This site, excluding photographs, copyright © 2016 Jeff S. Morris. Photographs copyright © individual photographers, except as noted.