Public Service of New Jersey 27
This postwar PCC, built by St. Louis in 1949, has had an interesting history. It was originally Twin Cities Rapid Transit 416 until sold to PSNJ in 1953; in 1978 it was sold to the Cleveland RTA, whose colors it wears now; and in 1990 it was acquired by a museum in Minneapolis which sold it to the Shore Line Trolley Museum in 2001. It has operated at SLTM but is shown here being towed out of the barn for some maintenance work.
Photographed by Frank Hicks, May 17, 2004.
Added to the photo archive by Frank Hicks, December 13, 2004.
Railroad: Shore Line Trolley Museum.