A Really Old ROW
The former Andover and Wilmington RR was built in 1836 and was abandoned in 1848 when the line was relocated, to the present ROW, to run through the new up and coming City of Lawrence, MA. In this photo the ROW used to bisect which is now Spring Grove Cemetery in Andover, MA and is seen between the granite marker and the sign in the foreground. This is just inside the main gate, off Abbott St.
Photographed by Allan Zecchini, May 28, 2007.
Added to the photo archive by Allan Zecchini, June 14, 2007.
Railroad: Boston & Maine.
|Allan Zecchini's awards:|
» Contact the person who posted this photograph.