Entrance to West Yard Underpass at Cedar Hill Yard, North Haven
This underpass allowed yard workers to travel back and forth under the dangerous area of trackage, just northeast of the Westbound Hump at Cedar Hill. This section of the yard was abandoned 1950's. It was briefly reopened again in 1960 - only to be closed again, this time for good, by the Penn Central soon after they took control of the NYNHHRR. Overall, the Cedar Hill facility could hold 15,000 railcars, covered 880 acres and had 154 miles of track.
Photographed by Cole Jackson, April 13, 2012.
Added to the photo archive by Cole Jackson, February 21, 2014.
Railroad: NY, NH & H.
» Contact the person who posted this photograph.