The NERAIL New England Railroad Photo Archive
Photo of transition

The name on the side of this E8 is Penn Central, but the three-digit number indicates that it has become the property of Amtrak. Amtrak 259 and a repainted partner paused at Springfield Union Station with the westbound Boston section of the Lake Shore Limited in July 1976.

Photographed by Tom Nelligan, July, 1976.
Added to the photo archive by Tom Nelligan, April 19, 2018.
Railroad: Amtrak.

Tom Nelligan's awards:

» Contact the person who posted this photograph.

Full-Sized image (1100 x 698)
Sharing this photo?

Use this "permalink" to avoid broken links:
Submit to Stumble Submit to Digg Submit to Google Bookmark Submit to Reddit Twit This

[Turn Ads Off]

Visitor Comments about this Photo:

No comments have been left yet.

You must be logged on to post comments.

Follow us on Facebook
News | About NERAIL | About Jeff | Contact Jeff | F.A.Q.'s | Privacy Policy | Other Great Sites
This site, excluding photographs, copyright © 2016 Jeff S. Morris. Photographs copyright © individual photographers, except as noted.