The NERAIL New England Railroad Photo Archive
 
 
Photo of when the
when the "South Shore cars" were new

The MBTA's 01500/01600 series Red Line cars were built by Pullman Standard in 1969-1970 and were originally meant for service only on the Quincy/Braintree extension while the older cars ran to Ashmont. A set of them paused at Park Street in January 1972. Some 46 years later these veterans are now on the verge of an overdue retirement.

Photographed by Tom Nelligan, January, 1972.
Added to the photo archive by Tom Nelligan, August 12, 2018.
Railroad: MBTA.

Tom Nelligan's awards:

» Contact the person who posted this photograph.

Full-Sized image (1100 x 713)
Sharing this photo?

Use this "permalink" to avoid broken links:

http://photos.nerail.org/s/?p=245347
 
Submit to Stumble Submit to Digg Submit to Del.icio.us Google Bookmark Submit to Reddit Twit This

[Turn Ads Off]

Visitor Comments about this Photo:

No comments have been left yet.


You must be logged on to post comments.

 
Follow us on Facebook
News | About NERAIL | About Jeff | Contact Jeff | F.A.Q.'s | Privacy Policy | Other Great Sites
This site, excluding photographs, copyright © 2016 Jeff S. Morris. Photographs copyright © individual photographers, except as noted.