Allenstown was the first major depot out of Suncook village. It was built in 1870, along the same lines as its sister depots at Short Falls, Epsom, and Chichester. In an effort to raise much needed funds to keep the little railroad going, the owners of the Blueberry Express sold the Allenstown depot around 1950. The depot was subsequently converted into a house, and for about two years, the new tenants experienced the roaring of the train within inches of their house, twice a day except Sunday.
Photographed by Nate Coggeshall-Beyea, March, 1998.
Added to the photo archive by Nate Coggeshall-Beyea, April 13, 2003.
Railroad: Suncook Valley.
» Contact the person who posted this photograph.