The NERAIL New England Railroad Photo Archive
Previous Photo Photo of Overgrown tunnel portal Next Photo
Overgrown tunnel portal

This tunnel was built in 1868 by the Rondout and Oswego Railroad. The line is now better known as the Ulster & Delaware. The tunnel is just shy of 300' long and is under the intersection of Delaware and Hasbrouck Streets in Kingston NY. This photo is looking westbound. The area is overgrown and the Trolley Museum will pursue getting work-release or alternative sentencing people to clear the area.

Photographed by Evan Jennings, April 6, 2007.
Added to the photo archive by Evan Jennings, April 7, 2007.
Railroad: Trolley Museum of New York.

» Contact the person who posted this photograph.

Sharing this photo?

Use this "permalink" to avoid broken links:
Submit to Stumble Submit to Digg Submit to Google Bookmark Submit to Reddit Twit This

[Turn Ads Off]

Visitor Comments about this Photo:

No comments have been left yet.

You must be logged on to post comments.

Follow us on Facebook
News | About NERAIL | About Jeff | Contact Jeff | F.A.Q.'s | Privacy Policy | Other Great Sites
This site, excluding photographs, copyright © 2016 Jeff S. Morris. Photographs copyright © individual photographers, except as noted.