rail preparation for Columbus Day track work weekend
Work began in earnest this weekend to prepare rail for the coming Columbus Day trackwork weekend October 5th through 8th. The procedure was as follows:
1) Usuable 60 lb. rail was slid off the Albee's field rail pile onto rollers.
2) Bolt hole(s) were drilled on the north end.
3) The rail was slid north to the cutting station, where the north end was cropped.
4) The rail was measured and bolt holes were drilled at the south end.
5) The rail was rolled further north and the south end was cropped.
6) The rail was then rolled further north and put on the finished rail pile.
This photo shows the crew drilling a bolt hole at the northern end of a rail.
Photographed by Bill Reidy, September 1, 2007.
Added to the photo archive by Bill Reidy, September 2, 2007.
|Bill Reidy's awards:|
» Contact the person who posted this photograph.