This is the Concord Back Shop that used to make heavy repairs on steam locos. The round house was on the near right and has been removed. The four tracks to the backshop came off the turntable and through the roundhouse. On this day, a Sunday there was an E-7 and other diesels inside. The E-7 had come up from Boston on the paper train Saturday night.
Photographed by Bruce Nelson, October, 1958.
Added to the photo archive by Bruce Nelson, December 11, 2014.
Railroad: Boston & Maine.
» Contact the person who posted this photograph.