washboards at Old Greenwich
A three-car set of former New Haven "washboard" MUs makes the stop at Old Greenwich, CT, while running as a Stamford-Grand Central local for Penn Central. These corrugated-side cars were built by Pullman-Standard in 1954 and they lasted into the early 1970s.
Photographed by Tom Nelligan, April, 1969.
Added to the photo archive by Tom Nelligan, September 5, 2018.
Railroad: Penn Central.
» Contact the person who posted this photograph.