Bird's Hill (now Hersey) Station.
A typical 1960s New Haven coach train. The line seen was built in 1906, as a grade separated, double tracked connector. It extended from West Roxbury to a point on the Woonsocket line, which became Needham Junction. In the 1930s, after the inbound track was removed, the station pictured replaced the original. In the 1980s rebuild, track was returned to the inbound alignment and the current station replaced the track shown.
Photographed by Ken Patton, December, 1969.
Added to the photo archive by Ken Patton, January 8, 2019.
Railroad: Penn Central.
» Contact the person who posted this photograph.