The Goodspeed parlor car
The "Goospeed" was originally built by Pullman in August, 1927 for the PRR as #7068 "DaCosta", and was configured as a 1 drawing room, 28 chair parlor car. "DaCosta" served on trains such as the Congressional Limited, and in its later years on the PRR, was used in work train service. In 1988 the Valley Railroad acquired the car and used it for storage until 2013, when a full restoration began. The car was briefly used on the Essex Clipper Dinner Train, however it mostly serves as a first class parlor car for the North Pole Express, Eagle Flyer, & Haddam Special trains. In 2016 the car was renamed "Goodspeed", in accordance with the other names of Valley Railroad parlor/dining cars (e.g., "Middletown", "Wallingford" & "Meriden." The car is currently waiting for the installment of an A/C unit so it can be used on the Dinner Train. It is shown here as first class car B on the Eagle Flyer.
Photographed by Joseph Cassineri, February 17, 2019.
Added to the photo archive by Joseph Cassineri, March 8, 2019.
Railroad: Valley Railroad.
» Contact the person who posted this photograph.