MBTA Commuter Rail Transitions
Quite an interesting era when the B&M was trying to keep the commuter trains rolling on a very conservative budget. Tired old power had to be replaced by new EMD F40PH's and Paducah-rebuilt, ex GM&O units designated FP-10. Here is FP10 #1106 at a station stop in Ayer on a rainy morning ca.1985. The smudge of exhaust indicates that the trailing Budd RDC units including the ex-CP unit may have still been burning diesel for housekeeping and heat, even though the FP-10s were equipped with HEP.
Photographed by Ron DeFilippo, 1985.
Added to the photo archive by Ron DeFilippo, June 4, 2019.
» Contact the person who posted this photograph.