The NERAIL New England Railroad Photo Archive
 
 
Previous Photo Photo of Freight at Bird's Hill, (now Hersey), station. Next Photo
Freight at Bird's Hill, (now Hersey), station.

During the spell, when BX-5 originated from Readville, it was necessary to use the Shoreline from there to Forrest Hills. (The line, used in steam days; Dedham Square to West Roxbury was no longer complete.) Cab signal equipped GP-9s were the preferred power. As it happened EMD trucks proved better suited than Alco trucks, switching on sharp curves in the Industrial Center. The building on the right was the second station at Bird's Hill, built on the original inbound alignment when the track was lifted in the early 1930s. Later, BX-5's power would be the only 1200 based at Framingham.

Photographed by Ken Patton, August, 1959.
Added to the photo archive by Ken Patton, July 17, 2019.
Railroad: New Haven.

Ken Patton's awards:

» Contact the person who posted this photograph.

Full-Sized image (1841 x 1227)
Sharing this photo?

Use this "permalink" to avoid broken links:

http://photos.nerail.org/s/?p=251930
 
Submit to Stumble Submit to Digg Submit to Del.icio.us Google Bookmark Submit to Reddit Twit This

[Turn Ads Off]

Visitor Comments about this Photo:

No comments have been left yet.


You must be logged on to post comments.

 
Follow us on Facebook
News | About NERAIL | About Jeff | Contact Jeff | F.A.Q.'s | Privacy Policy | Other Great Sites
This site, excluding photographs, copyright © 2016 Jeff S. Morris. Photographs copyright © individual photographers, except as noted.