End of the Watertown Branch
In 1960 the Watertown Branch was abandoned through the center of Waterown leaving two stubs both connecting to the Fitchburg route, one at Fresh Pond and the other at Waltham.
There was still enough traffic on the east end to justify this B&M S-5 #1280 to go to the EOT around Irving St. crossing. The entire branch was abandoned in 2011
Photographed by Ron DeFilippo, 1972.
Added to the photo archive by Ron DeFilippo, February 16, 2019.
Railroad: Boston & Maine.
» Contact the person who posted this photograph.