The NERAIL New England Railroad Photo Archive
Previous Photo Photo of The East Portal of the Hoosac Tunnel in 1947
The East Portal of the Hoosac Tunnel in 1947

The abandoned heading was still visible in the summer of 1947. Electrification had ended, but the double track remained.

Photographed by Jim Wright, August, 1947.
Added to the photo archive by Jim Wright, January 15, 2002.
Railroad: Boston & Maine.

Jim Wright's awards:

» Contact the person who posted this photograph.

Sharing this photo?

Use this "permalink" to avoid broken links:
Submit to Stumble Submit to Digg Submit to Google Bookmark Submit to Reddit Twit This

[Turn Ads Off]

Visitor Comments about this Photo:

No comments have been left yet.

You must be logged on to post comments.

Follow us on Facebook
News | About NERAIL | About Jeff | Contact Jeff | F.A.Q.'s | Privacy Policy | Other Great Sites
This site, excluding photographs, copyright © 2016 Jeff S. Morris. Photographs copyright © individual photographers, except as noted.