Sqannicook Junction, West Groton, MA
Squannicook Junction is the spot where the old Milford Branch of the Fitchburg Railroad split off to the right in the woods from the Greenville Branch and headed towards Pepperell on the way to Brookline and Milford in New Hampshire. THe former passenger depots in the above three towns are still standing today. Most of the line was abandoned by 1942, except for a short strech north of the Pepperell depot used to switch two paper mills, after B&M constructed a spur from the Hollis Branch (which lasted another 40 years) to serve them.
Photographed by Joe Barnaby, June 19, 2005.
Added to the photo archive by Joe Barnaby, July 19, 2005.
Railroad: Boston & Maine.
» Contact the person who posted this photograph.