The NERAIL New England Railroad Photo Archive
Previous Photo Photo of Run by at Bridge 176. Next Photo
Run by at Bridge 176.

Claremont & Concord's GE 70 tonner, number 9, emerges from the covered bridge crossing the Sugar River at Wright's. Number 9 heads an RRE excursion of 6 drop end gondolas , having folding chair seating. The 122 foot single span, is the shorter of the two covered bridges in the area, which still exist. It was built in 1871 and rebuilt in the 1890s.

Photographed by Ken Patton, May 21, 1961.
Added to the photo archive by Ken Patton, May 17, 2018.
Railroad: Claremont Concord.

Ken Patton's awards:

» Contact the person who posted this photograph.

Full-Sized image (1531 x 1014)
Sharing this photo?

Use this "permalink" to avoid broken links:
Submit to Stumble Submit to Digg Submit to Google Bookmark Submit to Reddit Twit This

[Turn Ads Off]

Visitor Comments about this Photo:


Posted by Chris Bigham on 2018-05-21 10:45:20

You must be logged on to post comments.

Follow us on Facebook
News | About NERAIL | About Jeff | Contact Jeff | F.A.Q.'s | Privacy Policy | Other Great Sites
This site, excluding photographs, copyright © 2016 Jeff S. Morris. Photographs copyright © individual photographers, except as noted.