West Medford Station Stop
K-7 consolidation #2413 pauses with its train at West Medford. While most 2-8-0's were used in freight service, some of the lighter consolidations were used in passenger service. This one was equipped with head end lighting as evidenced by the cables over the smoke box and the extra large turbo generator. This engine was built by Alco Schenectady in 1910 and was scrapped in 1953. Thank Al Hale for this excellent capture.
Photographed by Al Hale negative in collection of Ron DeFilippo, June 29, 1947.
Added to the photo archive by Ron DeFilippo, October 12, 2019.
Railroad: Boston & Maine.
» Contact the person who posted this photograph.