The NERAIL New England Railroad Photo Archive
Photo of Suffolk Downs entrance.
Suffolk Downs entrance.

In the photo, we see the remnant of the old Washburn Ave., East Boston, entrance to the Suffolk Downs Race Track. The turnouts lead to/ from the Suffolk Downs Loop loading and unloading platforms built in 1935 by the BERy, and now long abandoned since trolley service into the racetrack is a memory only to some.

Photographed by Paul Joyce, September 26, 2005.
Added to the photo archive by Paul Joyce, December 5, 2006.
Railroad: MTA (Metropolitan Transit Authority - Boston).

Paul Joyce's awards:

» Contact the person who posted this photograph.

Sharing this photo?

Use this "permalink" to avoid broken links:
Submit to Stumble Submit to Digg Submit to Google Bookmark Submit to Reddit Twit This

[Turn Ads Off]

Visitor Comments about this Photo:

No comments have been left yet.

You must be logged on to post comments.

Follow us on Facebook
News | About NERAIL | About Jeff | Contact Jeff | F.A.Q.'s | Privacy Policy | Other Great Sites
This site, excluding photographs, copyright © 2016 Jeff S. Morris. Photographs copyright © individual photographers, except as noted.